Red Thai Curry with Mixed Vegetables
Hello everyone! I have missed you all! I did my normal yoga sculpt class and I felt so rejuvenated afterwards. My muscles are definitely stronger and today I felt super motivated. Maybe it was the crowd, I usually workout harder when others around me are pushing themselves as well. I have been going to CorePower Yoga Sculpt for the past 4 months and it has been the best exercise for me thus far. I get to sweat like a pig to burn off my calories and stay fit during my pregnancy. My muscles are stronger as I progress and I feel great. I highly recommend it if you like to sweat and get a great workout in.
Dinner plans, what to make? What to make? I have decided tonight’s menu will include a Red Thai Curry with Mixed Vegetables paired with Jasmine rice and sautéed green beans, snap peas with Italian chicken sausages.
3 stalks of celery, chopped at an slanted angle
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup of chopped baby carrots
1 cup of green beans, trimmed and halved
1 cup of snap peas, trimmed
½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved (that makes about 1 cup)
1 full tablespoon of red curry paste (the brand I used was Mae Ploy, can be found in any Asian grocery market)
1 can of coconut milk (the brand I used was Chohk Dee, can be found in any Asian grocery market)
2 tablespoon of evoo
1. In a medium pot, on medium high heat add in 2 tablespoons of evoo, add in the mirepoix (celery, onion and carrots) and let this sweat out for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the red curry paste, mix it well with the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the can of coconut milk, stir and cover with the lid. Let this cook for about 15 minutes so the vegetables are soften. Check occasionally so that the curry paste is mixed well with all the ingredients.
4. Add in the green beans and snap peas, mix well with the other vegetables and let this cook for another 5 minutes. I like my green beans and snap peas crunchy, so I left the pot uncovered.
5. Last but not least, add the tomatoes and let that cook for another 5 more minutes.
6. When done, serve with a bowl of jasmine rice.
This dish is full of colors from all the mixed vegetables that I used. It’s vibrant, filling and comforting to the soul. I am so lucky to live in San Diego, California; I can find all sorts of vegetables all year round. This is definitely a feel good food; the vegetables are a great source of fiber and vitamins, especially the green beans and snap peas. My parents always told me carrots are good for the eyes. I’ll make sure to pass this message to our baby when he’s older to understand. This dish pairs so well with fresh steam jasmine rice.
Sauteed Green Beans and Snap Peas with Italian Chicken Sausages.
2 cups of green beans, halved
2 cups of snap peas
1/2 of a small white onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 links of Italian chicken sauage
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
2 tablespoons of evoo
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add in the beans and peas. Let this cook for 1-2 minutes
2. Drain the beans and peas in a colander and transfer them to a bowl of cold water with a few ice cubes in it.
3. In a medium pot, on medium high heat add in 2 tablespoons of evoo, onions, garlic and thyme. Let this sautee for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken sauage, cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the beans and snap peas and mix well with the other ingredients. Let this cook for about 10 - 15 minutes.
6. When done its ready to serve.
I hope everyone enjoys this!